Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hola!
As always I'm so sorry I haven't written. A lot has happened since I have posted last. I have started classes and am into the full swing of things, Hannah and Becca came to Chile, I went to Pucon, and am anticipating going to ARGENTINA this weekend! So about two weeks ago Hannah and Becca trekked came all the way from Pennsylvania to stay with me for a week! It was a little stressful for both of us trying to get to that airport in Santiago. Hannah and Becca almost got stuck in Brazil and I lost my phone a second time and couldn't remember what terminal to find them at. But with that said we found each other no problem and even though all three of us were lacking sleep we enjoyed every minute.

Right from the airport we took a bus straight to the bus terminal where we spent a couple hours eating and where Hannah and Becca started getting acquainted with the street dogs. I shared with them my favorite food her which called a COMPLETO and pretty much it includes a hotdog with tomato, palta, and mayo. However I prefer it with out Mayo. 
They didn't seem to like it as much as I did......

So after spending a couple hours in the bus terminal we went our way to La Serena which is 7 hours north of Vina up the shore. We arrived at 7 in the morning before the sun was even out. All three of us were still waking up when we had to figure out in which direction is our hostal. Thankfully there was a nice little Chilean man who spoke english who pointed into the right direction. So we walked up hill with all our luggage to our hostal, I'm not sure how we made it to the hostal but we did! Since we got there around 7-8 in the morning we were not allowed to stay so we walked around La Serena and look for a place to eat. We ended up getting bread, jam, and cream cheese from a super market and eating it on a bench with the pigeons because nothing else was open yet. Afterwards we went back to our hostal slept some and then explored La Serena some more.

The Patio of our hostel

Mural in a cafe










 As for our days in La Serena they were wonderful spending time relaxing and catching up with Hannah and Becca. And as for the nights, we spent them trying to find pizza and then going back to our hostel with 5 beds where all 3 of us shared 1 bed. On Saturday we went horsebackriding in the valley of Elqui and the only thing I have to say about that was how amazing it was. I don't have pictures but Hannah does and I'm sure she'll put them up eventually. After a wonderful weekend in La Serena we took a bus back down to Vina where I got to show Hannah and Becca around. It was a busy week trying to balance going to class and seeing them but I couldn't have asked for a better week with them!

So to HANNAH & BECCA thank you so much for coming to Chile that was definitely the best week here thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment