Sunday, March 4, 2012

So long summer vacation!!!

Saludos Todos!
My summer vacation in Chile has ended. This past month has been nothing but fun with little school work. Last weekend I went to Santiago where I met all of the other students who will be staying in Chie for the semester as well. Santiago was a blast but the days were filled with lots of activities which always left all of us exhausted by the end of the day. Here are a few pictures sorry there aren't many my camera died the second day: (
                                           The hill where Santiago was founded

Fountain

Pictures with Mapuche statues


View from the top of the hill

Messiah Represent

Gringas


This guy did karaoke the whole night

Some beautiful church in Santiago







Allende



Tour guide-loved him




Winery & Vineyard



These things reminded me of milk tanks

I wish I had more pictures from Santiago because we also went to the house of Pablo Neruda who is a famous poet and his house was pretty awesome. After that we went to Cerro San Cristobal which from the top you can see out over all of Santiago. Over all Santiago was a very nice city. While I was in Santiago I almost forgot I was in Chile because of how modern and clean everything is. After a packed weekend I was ready to come home to Vina!
     This past week I didn't have classes so I spent a lot of time at the beach and had some orientation stuff. I picked out my classes for the semester and am taking 6 classes! Also all of my classes are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday which is really nice but those days are going to be packed! I'm excited for classes to start but I'm also really nervous because I have to take some of my classes with Chileans... But it will definitely take my learning Spanish to a new level. Also my all of my classes are on different campus' that are 10-15 minutes apart with transportation. Never had to deal with anything like this before at Messiah. So for now I'm gonna enjoy my last day before classes start. Oh and also Hannah is coming THURSDAY! So that gives me something big to look forward too! Well that is all I have to say about Chile now! I have a busy month coming up I am going to La Serena this weekend with Hannah, Pucon next weekend, and then la isla negra the next.


Chao a todos!
-Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment